[Asterisk-Users] Pushing new firmware to Snom 190

Bob Goddard asterisk at bgcomp.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 09:25:52 MST 2005

On Tuesday 12 Jul 2005 15:51, Colin Anderson wrote:
> Thanks for replying. Frustrating, didn't work. Set it to update
> automatically, and made an HTML page consisting of:

> <pre>
> bootloader:
> firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin
> </pre>
>
> Added the HTML page to a webserver I control, and added it's URL to the
> "Setting URL" field. Rebooted. Didn't update.
>
> Also added http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin to Software
> Update > Firmware field, hit Load, nothing. System Information yields:
>
> Version-Code: snom190-SIP 3.44
>
> -but-
>
> Firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin
>
> Phones that I have sucessfully updated when I am physically present to
> press the OK button yield:
>
> Version-Code: snom190-SIP 3.56m
>
> Firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin
>
> Anyone got any other ideas? tia

There are 2 problems here, the first is if you click on "memory" and
the connection count is not 0, then you will be unable to reboot the
phone, all you can do then is power cycle it.

Secondly, to update the phone, you have to create 2 files, the first
is entered into the "Setting URL:" and should at a minimum consist
of something like:

<pre>
firmware_status: http://81.187.187.52/snom190/snom190-firmware.htm
</pre>

You then have to create a second file with reference to the above:

<HTML>
<pre>
firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/share/snom190-3.60i-SIP-j.bin
</pre>
</HTML>

It is a pathetically stupid way of doing things, but it is the Snom way.