[Asterisk-Users] Pushing new firmware to Snom 190

Nils Ohlmeier Nils.Ohlmeier at snom.de
Tue Jul 12 08:41:14 MST 2005

The problem with updating the firmware via settings is, that the information
about the firmware are not allow in the first settings file.
Instead the settings file which you entered in Setting URL needs to have the
following link:
firmware_status: http://your-server/which/contains/the/page/below.html

The link should point to the file which copied below. If you restart the phone
afterwards it should do a reboot and upgrade the firmware later
automatically.

Regards
  Nils

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 16:51, Colin Anderson wrote:
> Thanks for replying. Frustrating, didn't work. Set it to update
> automatically, and made an HTML page consisting of:

> <pre>
> bootloader:
> firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin
> </pre>
>
> Added the HTML page to a webserver I control, and added it's URL to the
> "Setting URL" field. Rebooted. Didn't update.
>
> Also added http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin to Software
> Update > Firmware field, hit Load, nothing. System Information yields:
>
> Version-Code: snom190-SIP 3.44
>
> -but-
>
> Firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin
>
> Phones that I have sucessfully updated when I am physically present to
> press the OK button yield:
>
> Version-Code: snom190-SIP 3.56m
>
> Firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/snom190-3.56m-SIP-j.bin
>
> Anyone got any other ideas? tia

snom technology AG            Gradestr. 46    D-12347 Berlin
Nils Ohlmeier
mailto:nils.ohlmeier at snom.de  http://www.snom.com