[Asterisk-Users] Pushing new firmware to Snom 190

Patrick Friedel pfriedel at copweb.com
Tue Jul 12 11:02:35 MST 2005

Bob Goddard wrote:

>There are 2 problems here, the first is if you click on "memory" and
>the connection count is not 0, then you will be unable to reboot the
>phone, all you can do then is power cycle it.
>
>Secondly, to update the phone, you have to create 2 files, the first
>is entered into the "Setting URL:" and should at a minimum consist
>of something like:

><pre>
>firmware_status: http://81.187.187.52/snom190/snom190-firmware.htm
></pre>
>
>You then have to create a second file with reference to the above:
>
><HTML>
><pre>
>firmware: http://www.snom.com/download/share/snom190-3.60i-SIP-j.bin
></pre>
></HTML>
>
>It is a pathetically stupid way of doing things, but it is the Snom way.

And you may need to set firmware_interval (that might be a 360 only
option), which is scaled in (minutes? seconds? Seconds with a minimum of
60?  Whatever it is, it's _incredibly_ sticky.).  I guess for me the
next question is whether there is a more user-friendly way of forcing
the updates?  I've got the chain set up, it rebooted and found the new
firmware nicely enough, but the only change it did was indicate on the
phone that there was a new firmware available on the status line - it
didn't actually load the new firmware until the EU asked for it.  No
biggie in my SOHO (3 whole phones!), but in a huge rollout I could see
that being really annoying.