[Asterisk-Users] iax.cc opinion request

David Mallwitz dave at dmallwitz.net
Mon Jul 11 06:40:37 MST 2005

brett at websmyths.com wrote:
> On 7/10/2005, "trixter" wrote:
>

>>I am considering using iax.cc (sixtel) and wondering if anyone had
>>opinions, good or bad.  Are there outages with any regularity?  How
>>responsive are tech support?  How is packet loss?  I am particularly
>>interested in termination to the UK, but will accept any comments
>>people have.
>

> Well - here we have a quandary.
>
> Opinion?  Bad. (But so good)
>
> No outages that I can place on Sixtel - 24/7 rock solid - think a router
> hiccupped once for a couple of hours, but it wasn't theirs.
>
> Packet loss - again - as good or better that cell phones.  Can't fault
> them (or him) there.
>
> UK termination (DID?) - can't say - thought they (or him) were US only.
>
> Tech support?  Hahahahahahahahahahaha  Ouch - my sides hurt!
> Took a month to get a DID.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Except that it took two
months for my DID to become active. On the other hand, I've had zero
downtime and my 800 number was active within a day. I'm not noticing any
problems with call quality either. They claimed in an email from early
June to have instituted a new support responsiveness guarantee, but like
I said earlier, since the DID went active I've had zero (!) problems.

The server that you would be connecting to is iax2.sixtel.net, so run a
few tracroutes from your site.

Best,
Dave