[Asterisk-Users] iax.cc opinion request

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jul 11 06:55:36 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 09:40 -0400, David Mallwitz wrote:
> This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Except that it took two
> months for my DID to become active. On the other hand, I've had zero
> downtime and my 800 number was active within a day. I'm not noticing any
> problems with call quality either. They claimed in an email from early
> June to have instituted a new support responsiveness guarantee, but like
> I said earlier, since the DID went active I've had zero (!) problems.
>
> The server that you would be connecting to is iax2.sixtel.net, so run a
> few tracroutes from your site.

Thanks, (and to the others that commented as well).  I plan on using
them for outbound only, so the issues about DIDs not working does not
mean much to me, although the underlying problems do give me cause for
concern.  I would like to think that when something does break (it will
eventually no matter what format of transmission is used (pstn or voip),
no matter which company) someone will be there to fix it, however the
fact that it usually works seems to be better than some providers.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378