[Asterisk-Users] iax.cc opinion request

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Sun Jul 10 13:01:02 MST 2005

On 7/10/2005, "trixter" wrote:

> I am considering using iax.cc (sixtel) and wondering if anyone had
> opinions, good or bad.  Are there outages with any regularity?  How
> responsive are tech support?  How is packet loss?  I am particularly
> interested in termination to the UK, but will accept any comments
> people have.

Well - here we have a quandary.

Opinion?  Bad. (But so good)

No outages that I can place on Sixtel - 24/7 rock solid - think a router
hiccupped once for a couple of hours, but it wasn't theirs.

Packet loss - again - as good or better that cell phones.  Can't fault
them (or him) there.

UK termination (DID?) - can't say - thought they (or him) were US only.

Tech support?  Hahahahahahahahahahaha  Ouch - my sides hurt!
Took a month to get a DID.  Still two months gone waiting for a Custom
Toll Free - the primary reason I went with Sixtel...  Though they take
the money from your account as soon as you order.  But then they don't
continue billing until whatever you ordered works.  It just takes SO
long to get it working.

Brett