[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and wireless on site personal paging system

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 7 09:46:42 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 17:04 +0200, Frank Sautter wrote:
> hi patrick,
>
> Patrick schrieb:
> > Did you try contacting the vendor of the base stations to see if they
> > have a EuroISDN firmware update? My Eicon Diva Server BRI card supports
> > the 1TR6 protocol. The firmware can be found here:
> > ftp://ftp.isdn4linux.org/pub/isdn4linux/utils/eicon/firmware/
> > Perhaps AVM supports 1TR6 too.
>
> yes, eicon diva server supports (we also have one here) but i was not
> able to load the capi drivers upon the 1TR6 stack?!?

Here is what I did to make it work with ETSI/TE on my box:

If you use Fedora Core or another distro that uses udev than you
probably have to add the following file in /etc/udev/rules.d *before*
modprobing the modules:

<-- start file 10-capi.rules -->
SYSFS{dev}="68:0",              NAME="capi20"
SYSFS{dev}="191:[0-9]*",        NAME="capi/%n"
<-- end file 10-capi.rules  -->

Here is the order in which I load the kernel capi modules
from /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

# Start the Eicon card
/sbin/modprobe -v divas
sleep 5
/sbin/modprobe -v diva_idi
sleep 5
/sbin/modprobe -v kernelcapi
sleep 5
/sbin/modprobe capi
sleep 5
/sbin/modprobe divacapi
sleep 5
/sbin/divactrl load -c 1 -f ETSI -s 1 -vd6
sleep 5

The "sleep 5" is needed to give udev some time to generate the proper
devices. I don't know exactly which module triggers it so I put a "sleep
5" after each modprobe.

After you have manually activated the modules & divactrl above,
check /var/log/messages for any erros and the correct activation of the
card with /usr/bin/capiinfo. My output is something like:

[root at pbx ~]# capiinfo
Number of Controllers : 1
Controller 1:
Manufacturer: Eicon Networks
CAPI Version: 2.0
Manufacturer Version: 2.0
Serial Number: 1884
BChannels: 2
[snip rest of output]

> the next problem would be, that we need a isdn interface in NT mode,
> which is (to my knowledge) only possible with the cologne chip cards
> (junghanns / beronet).

Yes those cards support NT mode. Loading the 1TR6 protocol on the Eicon
card would be done by first putting the 1TR6 firmware files (see url
previously mentioned) in /urs/share/eicon (for divactrl-2.1) and then
do:

/sbin/divactrl load -c 1 -f 1TR6

For NT mode I think you need to specify -s 2 too although the help
output from /sbin/divactrl ctrl mentions "PRI" and not "BRI".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick