[Asterisk-Users] How to slow down dialing

Randy MacKay randymackay at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 08:20:17 MST 2005

I would like to know if it is possible to slow down the dialing process in
asterisk.

I have 4 of my 8 phone lines that are VoDSL.  When we try and dial out these
4 VoDSL Lines, the number is often miss dialed, or incomplete.  I added a
wait before Asterisk tries to dial the whole number, but that has not solved
my problem.  If I use a regular phone and dial out these lines, they work
fine.

My assumption is that asterisk dial tones are too fast and I would like to
try slowing them down, or spacing out each digit, to see if this helps.

I am using two TDM04B cards to connect the 4 pots and 4 VoDSL Lines.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Randy