[Asterisk-Users] HDLC bad FCS

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Mon Jul 4 16:26:47 MST 2005

I have 2 servers, configured identically. Each has a TE405P and 2 PRIs. One server was experiencing crackly audio on one circuit, accompanied by HDLC
bad FCS messages. The telco recabled and moved me to another port on the DMS-100. The audio is better, but there are still bad FCS problems on the
span. I have moved the PRI in question to the other server, and the problem does indeed move with the circuit.

There are no zaptel timing/interrupt problems present on either server. The fact that 3 PRIs are error free and that the problem moves with the
circuit tells me that there is still a problem on the circuit.

The telco believes that there is nothing more that they can do (provision a complete new circuit?).

I don't get HDLC aborts, so the problem may not be _that_ serious. Does anyone have any comments? Would a newer (unstable) version of Zaptel drivers
help? Would line-build-out parameter in zaptel.conf make any difference?