[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk stop working with HiSAX ISDN

Thomas Muller thomas at arkateq.com
Mon Jul 4 15:56:53 MST 2005

Hi There

I am running SuSE Linux 9.3 and installed Asterisk from the RPM's. I
have a Diva ISDN card, making use of the HiSAX drivers.

Configuration seems to be OK. I can receive a call coming in on the ISDN
and route it to a SIP (softphone) on my PC. As soon as I hangup the
call, then asterisk stops working. I am forced to kill the process with
-9, a normal kill does not work. The last message on the Asterisk
console was:

    -- Hungup 'Modem[i4l]/ttyI0'
Urgent handler

I have aslo noticed the following warning message:
chan_oss.c:239 sound_thread: Read error on sound device: Resource
temporarily unavailable

Does anyone have an idea why this could be?

Best Regards

Thomas