[Asterisk-Users] Problem registering Asterisk Dual Server

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Sun Jul 3 10:05:25 MST 2005

[snip]
> Below is an example of a working type=user and type=peer without
> the register statement prior to livevoip going bankrupt.
>
> ;[livevoip] ; for incoming calls from LiveVoIP.com
> ;type=user      ; used for Incoming calls
> ;secret=mysecret-in
> ;deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> ;permit=217.160.244.186/255.255.255.0
> ;context=livevoip-in
> ;disallow=all
> ;allow=gsm
> ;trunk=no
>
> ;[livevoipout] ; for outbound calls via LiveVoip.com
> ;type=peer      ; used for outgoing calls
> ;host=217.160.244.186
> ;username=myuserid
> ;secret=mysecret
> ;disallow=all
> ;allow=gsm
> ;trunk=no

Do you have an example how the dialing string will look like?
I think when dialing I will need to put password in dialing context,
isn't it?
exten => exten => 888,1,Dial(IAX2/livevoip:mysecret-in at 217.160.244.186/${EXTEN,1})

If I use example above there is not need to have  this context in iax.conf on dialing-out server, isn't it?
;[livevoipout] ; for outbound calls via LiveVoip.com
> ;type=peer      ; used for outgoing calls
> ;host=217.160.244.186
> ;username=myuserid
> ;secret=mysecret
> ;disallow=all
> ;allow=gsm
> ;trunk=no

I'm trying to avoid storing password in cdr record.

On Wiki there are some samples described but they are very confusing,
especially whey are are reusing the same parameters.
I know there three ways of connecting asterisk boxs via iax.

--
#Joseph