[Asterisk-Users] Problem registering Asterisk Dual Server

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 3 07:03:43 MST 2005

> Here is my configuration everything would seems be straight forward, but
> I can not register both asterisk with each other.
>
> Both asterisks have Static IP but they are  behind firewall/router, so
> it means I have to use Register statement.
> I'm a bit confused about the register statement.
> How can they can register with each other when both firewalls are
> blocking port 4569?
>
> Do I have to open ports 4569 on both servers in order to register them
> with each other?

Yes, you will need open udp 4569 on the firewall(s).

If you use type=user and type=peer contexts in both * boxes, you
don't need the register statement at all (after opening the firewall).
See example at the bottom.

> ========================
> SERVER 1:
> register => Ast-1-in:password1 at IP-address
>
> [Ast-2-in]
> type=user
> secret=password2
> context=incoming
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> ;trunk=yes
>
> [Ast-2-out]
> type=peer
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> host=dynamic
>
> ==========================
> SERVER 2:
> register => Ast-2-in:password2 at IP-address
>
> [Ast-1-in]
> type=user
> secret=password1
> context=incoming
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> ;trunk=yes
>
> [Ast-1-out]
> type=peer
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> host=dynamic

Below is an example of a working type=user and type=peer without
the register statement prior to livevoip going bankrupt.

;[livevoip] ; for incoming calls from LiveVoIP.com
;type=user      ; used for Incoming calls
;secret=mysecret
;deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
;permit=217.160.244.186/255.255.255.0
;context=livevoip-in
;disallow=all
;allow=gsm
;trunk=no

;[livevoipout] ; for outbound calls via LiveVoip.com
;type=peer      ; used for outgoing calls
;host=217.160.244.186
;username=myuserid
;secret=mysecret
;disallow=all