[Asterisk-Users] Problem registering Asterisk Dual Server

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 3 16:36:24 MST 2005

> [snip]
> > Below is an example of a working type=user and type=peer without
> > the register statement prior to livevoip going bankrupt.
> >
> > ;[livevoip] ; for incoming calls from LiveVoIP.com
> > ;type=user      ; used for Incoming calls
> > ;secret=mysecret-in
> > ;deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> > ;permit=217.160.244.186/255.255.255.0
> > ;context=livevoip-in
> > ;disallow=all
> > ;allow=gsm
> > ;trunk=no
> >
> > ;[livevoipout] ; for outbound calls via LiveVoip.com
> > ;type=peer      ; used for outgoing calls
> > ;host=217.160.244.186
> > ;username=myuserid
> > ;secret=mysecret
> > ;disallow=all
> > ;allow=gsm
> > ;trunk=no
>
> Do you have an example how the dialing string will look like?
> I think when dialing I will need to put password in dialing context,
> isn't it?
> exten => exten => 888,1,Dial(IAX2/livevoip:mysecret-in at 217.160.244.186/${EXTEN,1})

Using the above example, your dialing string would be like:
 exten => 888,1,Dial(IAX2/livevoipout/${EXTEN,1})
and if you wanted to change codecs (or several other parameters), you
simply do it in the [livevoipout] section, not in all the appearences
of the exten => dialstring. Doing it this way, the password only appears
within the context, not all the exten dialstrings.