[Asterisk-Users] Cisco phones config over internet

Brian M. Arlinghaus asterisk at brianarlinghaus.com
Mon Jan 31 14:09:50 MST 2005

Martin,

In the 7960s (my firmware is P0S3-07-3-00), you can press "settings" and
then #9 to unlock the phone.  From the settings menu, #3 will take you into
Network Configuration.  Near the bottom (#25), you must disable DHCP and
Save.  Then, from within the Network Configuration menu, you can manually
enter the TFTP server (#7).

BTW, what are the potential difficulties with someone seeing the config
files?

Brian