[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.5-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC5 crashes with Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Sun Jan 30 04:26:39 MST 2005

Citat Remco Barende <asterisk at barendse.to>:

> I have Asterisk 1.0.5-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC5 up and running. Everything
> seems to be running fine but after some time asterisk just goes crazy
> (even withouth any incoming or outgoing call activity perviously).
>
> If I leave the box up for some time * goes haywire and the console is
> flooded with this message:
> Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe
>
> At that time I can see that there are multiple instances of mpg123 active.
>
> The solution to this problem is to kill-9 mpg123, do the same for *,
> unload the modules and then load the modules again and start asterisk. If
> I do not unload re-load the modules I cannot access the ISDN line nor do
> incoming calls work.
>
> I really don't know where to look for this problem. Is it possible to
> completely disable music on hold? Asterisk combined mpg123 is causing
> nothing but problems anyway, the current stable still leaves abandoned
> mpg123 processes.
>
> Could this be a problem in my * configs or just a bug?
>
> It's quite annoying, * will not stay up for even one full day

You might try to run asterisk without having mpg123 on the system, see if that
gives the same problem.

What distribution are you on ?

Some distributions install mpg321 and symlink it to mpg123, which gives bad
sound and other weird issues. On Debian for example you have to have "non-free"
in your sources.list to get mpg123, if not, it will install mpg321.

Slán Leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire
(contact info ==> http://www.marlow.dk)