[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.5-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC5 crashes with Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sun Jan 30 03:40:21 MST 2005

I have Asterisk 1.0.5-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC5 up and running. Everything
seems to be running fine but after some time asterisk just goes crazy
(even withouth any incoming or outgoing call activity perviously).

If I leave the box up for some time * goes haywire and the console is
flooded with this message:
Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

At that time I can see that there are multiple instances of mpg123 active.

The solution to this problem is to kill-9 mpg123, do the same for *,
unload the modules and then load the modules again and start asterisk. If
I do not unload re-load the modules I cannot access the ISDN line nor do
incoming calls work.

I really don't know where to look for this problem. Is it possible to
completely disable music on hold? Asterisk combined mpg123 is causing
nothing but problems anyway, the current stable still leaves abandoned
mpg123 processes.

Could this be a problem in my * configs or just a bug?

It's quite annoying, * will not stay up for even one full day

Thanks!