[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.5-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC5 crashes with Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sun Jan 30 04:42:27 MST 2005

> You might try to run asterisk without having mpg123 on the system, see if that
> gives the same problem.

I just removed the mp123 that was on the box. I also did a locate -i for
anyhthing mpg'ish on it, zip now! I also commenteded out res_musiconhold
in /etc/asterisk/modules will see how long the box will stay up now

> What distribution are you on ?
A rebuild of RedHat Enterprise Linux compiled for Athlon64 (x86_64)

> Some distributions install mpg321 and symlink it to mpg123, which gives bad
> sound and other weird issues. On Debian for example you have to have "non-free"
> in your sources.list to get mpg123, if not, it will install mpg321.

RedHat does too, I already removed the rpm when I installed the box.

Thanks for the tips, will post the result.

Cheers!
Remco