[Asterisk-Users] Newbie

Steven P. Donegan steve at donegan.org
Sat Jan 29 17:59:54 MST 2005

Hmmm :-)

OK - grab a current RedHat Fedora Core 3 set of ISO's, install - about 2
hours... Do the up2date gig - time depends on your network connection.
Do a cvs based asterisk install - about 30 minutes (more than happy to
share the scripts to do this). Total elapsed time <24 hours max. This
doesn't mean you'll understand what you did - but it isn't rocket
science....

If RedHat isn't interesting then go to the local store and buy
Slackware, Debian (Novell?), etc - lots of choices....

The 'hard' part will be understanding the configuration of asterisk
itself - and that is covered by masses of info on the wiki, folks here
who will share, etc.

Email me directly - I'll be happy to try and assist...