[Asterisk-Users] Newbie

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Jan 29 17:06:19 MST 2005

Jeff Konrade-Helm wrote:

>I'm hoping I can get the initial installation and configuration done in
>30-40 hours over two weekends and a few evenings. Does this sound
>reasonable?

Jeff,

To tell the truth, this project is difficult enough for a Linux old
timer to grasp, let alone someone that has no experience with the OS
whatsoever.  30-40 hours to get basics running for Asterisk at your
current level of experience is not really a good estimate.

I would suggest picking a distro, getting at least comfortable on it's
install before even considering this project.

My 2 cents.

Doug Lytle