[Asterisk-Users] Re: phone rings when I'm using it over VOIP - WHY?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 02:48:52 MST 2005

Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Do you get a call-waiting beep when you're on the phone with the
> > original party?
>
> I think this is it, I can hear the "beep" so that would explain why my
> phone rings when I'm using it.
>
> [snip]
>
> What am I doing wrong?

In your SPA-3000 setup screens, go to the Line1 page, and under
Supplementary Service Settings, set "Call Waiting Serv" to "No".

That should stop it accepting a second call when one is in progress.

You may need to look on the User1 page too, and set "CW setting" to "No".

These SPA-3000 units have a zillion parameters, so it's easy to miss one!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield