[Asterisk-Users] Re: phone rings when I'm using it over VOIP - WHY?

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Jan 27 17:01:26 MST 2005

[snip]
> > My setup is really simple.
> > I have Sipura-3000 connected to * with phone1 and another SIP phone2.
> > Here is my context:
> > exten => 1,1,Dial(${phone1},20,tr)
> > exten => 1,102,Dial(${phone2},20,tr)
> >
> > I have setup two phones and have VOIP, when I make call over VOIP I
> > think channel return status -1 (the call is bridged). So when a call
> > comes from POTS my phone1 keeps ringing and I want to ring phone2 not
> > mine.
> > If the channel return status 0 the call is transfered to priority n+1
> > and that is what I want.
> >
> > Why priority is "0" when I pickup the phone and hear dial tone (without
> > calling out); and priority is "-1" when call is connected bridged with
> > another party?
> > To my understanding in both cases the phone1 is busy so why return
> > different priority code???
> >

> Take a look at DIALSTATUS at:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variable+DIALSTATUS
>
> Also,
>
> Do you get a call-waiting beep when you're on the phone with the
> original party?

I think this is it, I can hear the "beep" so that would explain why my
phone rings when I'm using it.

I'm trying to solve with ChanIsAvail
I've enter into context:

exten => 55,1,ChanIsAvail(SIP/11&SIP/21)
exten => 55,2,Cut(theChannel=AVAILCHAN,,1)
exten => 55,3,Dial(${theChannel},r)
exten => 55,4,Hangup
exten => 55,102,Goto(s,4)

Though it is not dialing SIP/21 when I'm talking on SIP/11, it execute
Hangup instruction instruction.
According to notes:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%
20ChanIsAvail#comments

The channels are checked in the order listed, returning the first
available channel in the list in ${AVAILCHAN}.

so when my SIP/21 is available and it is it should ring it but it is
not.

What am I doing wrong?

--
#Joseph