[Asterisk-Users] Re: phone rings when I'm using it over VOIP - WHY?

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Fri Jan 28 12:08:28 MST 2005

[snip]
> > > Do you get a call-waiting beep when you're on the phone with the
> > > original party?
> >
> > I think this is it, I can hear the "beep" so that would explain why my
> > phone rings when I'm using it.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> In your SPA-3000 setup screens, go to the Line1 page, and under
> Supplementary Service Settings, set "Call Waiting Serv" to "No".
>
> That should stop it accepting a second call when one is in progress.
>
> You may need to look on the User1 page too, and set "CW setting" to "No".
>
> These SPA-3000 units have a zillion parameters, so it's easy to miss one!
>
> Cheers
> Tony

Thanks Tony, yes I suppose I could disable call waiting on SPA-3000
thank you for suggestion.

However, I think there is something else that is bugging me, and it
could be potentially a bug but I don't know where.

When I dial FedEx tall free number over IAX/FWD my phone1 will ring.
When I dial UPS tall free my phone2 will ring as phone1 is busy.

I can not explain why???

--
#Joseph