[Asterisk-Users] Linux Bridge + QoS Shaper HOWTO available

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 27 13:12:07 MST 2005

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com wrote:

> I've created a pretty complete HOWTO on creating a Linux Bridge (using
> Fedora) to shape LAN <--> WAN traffic. It includes installation
> instructions, a script to configure the bridge (which you install as a
> service), and 2 scripts to configure the network interfaces using
> traffic control.

This looks really nice!

I know that you can't really shape inbound traffic, but I think the
killer shaper would start delaying TCP traffic as soon as total incoming
bandwith utilization hits 75%. Unless somebody floods your link, it
should work pretty effectively.

I've got no clue if it's possible with unpatched kernels... apparently
IMQ can do this but you need to fiddle around with your kernel... drag :)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.