[Asterisk-Users] Linux Bridge + QoS Shaper HOWTO available

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Thu Jan 27 13:33:26 MST 2005

<snip>
I know that you can't really shape inbound traffic, but I think the
killer shaper would start delaying TCP traffic as soon as total incoming
bandwith utilization hits 75%. Unless somebody floods your link, it
should work pretty effectively.
</snip>

Yeah that's what is going on in my scripts. I sacrifice ~ 25% bandwidth in
hopes of becoming in charge of the bulk of queueing (instead of the ISP).
It actually makes a big difference, in my tests. I was able to soak upload
and download and still run Citrix and Video and VoIP smoothly. If I didn't
back off the speed, it was horrible. So IMO it is truly worth the
sacrifice in bandwidth.

-Ron