[Asterisk-Users] Telrad + E&M T1 Trunk

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Wed Jan 26 06:23:37 MST 2005

All,

	One of our customers is using a Telrad PBX, we are providing
phone server through asterisk via a T1 using e&m directly connected to
the Telrad system. We're using a T1 cross cable as normal, the T1 part
works great. No alarms. When we try and dial out the Telrad using a
direct trunk group, the call fails. When looking in the asterisk console
I noticed only 1 or 2 digits are seen, either that or there is some kind
of timeout. Audio works fine because we hear Alice's "no service"
message.

	Now for the details, initially we tried e&m_w (wink).
zapata.conf is straight enough forward, immediate=no, we've tried
messing with callprogress. We've tried playing with the wink/rxwink
timings to no avail. It appears as if Asterisk is getting the digits and
timing out too quickly. For kicks we put the Telrad into "LCR" mode, to
dump the digits immediately that did nothing either. We tried e&m
immediate also and that did nothing. Any suggestions? This is my first
e&m turn up.

	At first I thought it was extensions.conf causing the problem. I
have it simply as this:

	exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(blah blah)
	exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(blah blah)
	exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(yada yada)