[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk -> static nat -> laptop w/siproxd -> cisco 7960

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Mon Jan 24 23:51:02 MST 2005

I'm trying to get similar working with a Grandstream.  I'm getting a lot
of echo.  My laptop is crashing when the call terminates.

What are you using for the NAT setup on your laptop ? (firestarter)  Are
you adding any special rules to handle the SIP phone ?

I'm wondering if we both have the same problem, ie outside entities
can't get back through the NAT to the phone connected to the laptop.

Thanks.

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 13:54 -0500, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> Ok, I have a 7960 that's plugged into my laptop.  my home network is
> wireless so I don't have a switch anywhere to plug the phone into
> directly.  I'm running siproxd on my OS X laptop and I can make
> outbound calls from the 7960 fine (I guess I don't have the phone
> configured to register inbound calls via SIP), but the phone isn't
> registering to the asterisk box via siproxd and I can't figure out
> why..
>
> [ Asterisk ] -- Net -- [ Router w/static nat for SIP & RTP ] -- [
> Laptop ] -- [ 7960 ]
>
> Anyone using a similar configuration?

Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.