[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk -> static nat -> laptop w/siproxd -> cisco 7960

Tue Jan 25 00:02:37 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 23:51 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> I'm trying to get similar working with a Grandstream.  I'm getting a lot
> of echo.  My laptop is crashing when the call terminates.
>
> What are you using for the NAT setup on your laptop ? (firestarter)  Are
> you adding any special rules to handle the SIP phone ?
>
> I'm wondering if we both have the same problem, ie outside entities
> can't get back through the NAT to the phone connected to the laptop.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you possibly want the laptop
to do NAT? Isn't your router or something else already doing that for
your laptop traffic?

So, why not just get linux or mac osx or whatever to bridge the wifi +
ethernet, and then your sip phone will just talk to the network like
normal...

Just my thoughts ...

Regards,
Adam