[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on sattelite link

mjr-asterisk at ranney.com mjr-asterisk at ranney.com
Mon Jan 24 18:30:27 MST 2005

marius baranescu <marius.baranescu at gmail.com> writes:

> I have a running Asterisk box . It is running great
> My problem is that I can not get connected to the world :) .
> My only option available here is a satellite connection .
> I was testing different service providers but all of them are doing
> firewalling and NAT so SIP, IAX are not working
> I desperately need to get connected to the world :))
> Please recommend me a good ISP for Middle East (permanent 2 way
> connection) , real IP adresses etc

I guess it depends on where you are in the Middle East.

My experience is in Iraq.  In this region are lots of really poor
providers reselling highly unreliable, congested, and jitter-prone
bandwidth.  There are a few that are not.

In major cities in Iraq TigrisNet resells Intelsat bandwidth via a
metro 802.11a network.  Elsewhere in Iraq (and likely the whole Middle
East) you can buy service from Intelsat directly.  Its not cheap, but
it works very well.
Matt Ranney - mjr at ranney.com