[Asterisk-Users] UPS for Asterisk

Jon Radon jonr800 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:23:21 MST 2005

I've had good luck with CyberPower, what was your issue?  Not having
hot swap batteries kinda sucks, but besides that I don't have any
issues.  CyberPower has also been very good to me.  A couple times
batteries went dead just out of warranty and they sent me fresh ones
no questions asked.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:53:29 -0500, David Brodbeck
<DavidB at mail.interclean.com> wrote:
> Don't go *too* cheap, though.  I had a couple of really cheap (under $40)
> CyberPower UPS's that ended up causing more outages than they protected
> against.
>
> I've had good luck with APC, but keep in mind that the batteries have a
> finite lifespan.  On SmartUPS and BackUPS Pro models, you'll get a warning
> that the battery needs replacing, but on regular BackUPS models the first
> hint you get that the battery is bad is when the power goes out and the UPS
> doesn't work.  This is sometimes okay for workstation use, but I'd hesitate
> to put one of those on a server.
>
> I find that the batteries in our APC UPS's generally last four to five years
> for stand-alone units, three years for rack-mount ones.

Is it something someone said, was it something someone said?