[Asterisk-Users] T1 Timing Slips

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Sun Jan 23 15:57:40 MST 2005

Ken Godee wrote:

>> Does anyone know how to monitor * to see if they are receiving timing
>> slips
>> on a span connected to a T100P card?  I am seeing b-channel restarts
>> quite
>> often and also getting "No D-channels available" warnings from time to
>> time.
>> Yesterday I had all the b-channels crash during a MeetMe Conference.  Not
>> good!  This PRI is connected to an Avaya Definity PBX that is onsite and
>> located in the same room as *.  * is set to clock off the Definity.
>> I am
>> seeing no problems on the PRI from the Definity side.
>>

> Just thought I'd run this by you.
> We've been running connected to our Definity G3si R6
> via TN767 <--> TE410P and have had no problems.

I guess I'll eat crow alittle bit....
I guess your email made me focus a little more into it.

I'm also having the same problems as you are, D-Channel bouncing.
D-channel down and right back up and then b-channels restart, while
restarting they "DO" drop any active channels. :(
Experenced first hand on friday while remote monitoring and
on a call.

D-channel down
No D-channel found, using channel 48 anyway.
D-channel up
restarting channel etc.

As another poster suggested, I tried changing timing to internal
clocking, vs. Definty, no help thou. I've done a ton of searching and
have not found much more I can try.

What protocol are you using on the Definity side?
As I understand it "a = ni1 / b = national"

If you come across anything that helps, please let me know.
I'll also let you know if I find anything.

I also see no problems on the Definity side.
No errors when loop up circuit either.
ztmonitor runs 100%-99%.
No missing interrupts, etc.
Load/no load doesn't seem to make a difference.
Running astersk v1.0.3

ken