[Asterisk-Users] spandsp on FC3

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Jan 12 09:39:33 MST 2005

I've got spanDSP and Asterisk Stable using an X100p running on Fedora Core 3
but there is a curious phenomenon when I receive faxes.  If I start Asterisk
from the command line (usually, asterisk -c or asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvcp )
I can receive faxes and mailtofax sends them to me OK.  If I start the
asterisk service (service asterisk start) that uses safe_asterisk, faxes
appear to be received, but what actually gets sent to me is about a postage
stamp PDF or in some cases the PDF just has errors "open file error".  I'm
guessing this is a timing or processor type issue but I'm not sure what the
big difference is.  I only see the spanDSP messages when I monitor the
console after starting asterisk manually.

I tried adding the 'p' parameter to the safe_asterisk startup and that did
not make a difference.  Anyone experienced this before or have some ideas on
what to look for?

I also see this warning 'Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!' but I
think it is related to Music on Hold?

Thanks.

-Nate