[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 as VoIP router (MGCP) and Asterisk

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Jan 21 09:06:48 MST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Daniel Nyström wrote:

> As CarrierAccess states, there can be potential mismatch regarding the
> TDM signaling required to terminate the voice channels onto the FXS
> cards.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this fully.

You can run a number of signalling protocols over a channelized E1, ISDN
pri being one of them. Asterisk is compatible with a lot of signalling
protocols. The Adit 600 is one of the more popular

> He also says "Although E1 still remains as another option, given a
> compatible signaling pattern". Since I'm a real newbie in this area, I
> don't know what the signaling pattern would be?

Asterisk supports isdn and quite a few other signalling formats. I am
not sure which are supported on E1. The seller should be able to provide
you with a list of possible signalling formats.

Peter