[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 as VoIP router (MGCP) and Asterisk

Chad Whitten chadwick at eipi.net
Fri Jan 21 08:40:29 MST 2005

I have not used the adit 600 with asterisk, but have used it with a voip
softswitch trunking via mgcp.  i currently have 5 fxs cards with 8 ports per
card in an adit unit with a cmg card.  i think the price was like $3000 for
the unit.  it works great but im about to take it out of service and replace
with a 96 line adsl+pots unit from occam networks.  once i have done that, i
plan to use it with our asterisk system.

setup of the adit was pretty easy, basically just tell it what the ip address
of the mgcp server is.  you can do different codecs (even g729) and also
change individual fxs settings (gain, attenuation, db level, etc).

on our softswitch, the setup was also just as easy and was basically nothing
more than giving the ip address of the adit 600, the number of ports and the
port naming scheme (aaln)