[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 as VoIP router (MGCP) and Asterisk

Michael Baird mike at tc3net.com
Mon Jan 24 13:14:01 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 09:40 -0600, Chad Whitten wrote:
> I have not used the adit 600 with asterisk, but have used it with a voip
> softswitch trunking via mgcp.  i currently have 5 fxs cards with 8 ports per
> card in an adit unit with a cmg card.  i think the price was like $3000 for
> the unit.  it works great but im about to take it out of service and replace
> with a 96 line adsl+pots unit from occam networks.  once i have done that, i
> plan to use it with our asterisk system.

Occam has a 96 line pots product?  I have been testing Occams for some
time , curiously I was going to get the MGCP option for my Adit 600 to
test with, the Occams are a bit flaky and this makes me nervous and they
only support g.711. I wish I could find a similar product with SIP
instead of MGCP, Asterisk MGCP support has kind of fallen behind the
other protocols.

Regards
Michael Baird