[Asterisk-Users] problem with TE-405P

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jan 21 08:36:09 MST 2005

On January 21, 2005 10:13 am, matthew at txlink.net wrote:
> Hello, I have two TE-405Ps that I am having trouble with.

> I'm using an Intel 865 motherboard with a Celeron D processor.  Kernel
> 2.4.26, Slackware 10.0.
>   9:          0          XT-PIC  t4xxp

That is a bad thing... not only are you on IRQ9 but the PCI slot does not seem
to be able to signal interrupts.

Have you tried swapping slots or adjusting the BIOS to make the damn thing use
a "real" interrupt?  Using IO-APIC might also help (requries a kernel
recompile IIRC the 2.4.26 kernel slackware has provided doesn't have IO-APIC
support installed).

05:03.0 Communication controller: Xilinx Corporation: Unknown device 0314 (rev
01)

Yeah mine is coming up as 0314 -- I am curious as to why it's coming up wrong,
the PCI IDs should be the same on every TE405P.

Have you contacted Digium on this?  It's a USD$1500 card and support is
included in that price.  They'll likely want root login on that machine so
have it handy (change your root password beforehand).

-A.