[Asterisk-Users] problem with TE-405P

Chris Travers chris at metatrontech.com
Fri Jan 21 17:41:02 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On January 21, 2005 10:13 am, matthew at txlink.net wrote:
>

>>Hello, I have two TE-405Ps that I am having trouble with.
>>

>>I'm using an Intel 865 motherboard with a Celeron D processor.  Kernel
>>2.4.26, Slackware 10.0.
>>  9:          0          XT-PIC  t4xxp
>>

>That is a bad thing... not only are you on IRQ9 but the PCI slot does not seem
>to be able to signal interrupts.

I don't think that is the cause of the full failure.  IRQ issues are
real and this needs to be changed.  But, I don't think that is the half
of the problem.

>Have you tried swapping slots or adjusting the BIOS to make the damn thing use
>a "real" interrupt?  Using IO-APIC might also help (requries a kernel
>recompile IIRC the 2.4.26 kernel slackware has provided doesn't have IO-APIC
>support installed).
>
>05:03.0 Communication controller: Xilinx Corporation: Unknown device 0314 (rev
>01)
>
>Yeah mine is coming up as 0314 -- I am curious as to why it's coming up wrong,
>the PCI IDs should be the same on every TE405P.

Interesting.  Makes me wonder what caused the misreporting.  I don't
want to sound pessimistic and I really think you should contact Digium
as soon as possible for support on this.  But IME, usually problems of
this sort are caused by some sort of failing hardware.  It could be
related to the PCI slot, the card, or something else.

My first troubleshooting steps would include changing the slot,
re-running lspci to see if anything changed.  If so, you may have a
dying system board.  I also noted that it is reading the card as a
bridge rather than a communications controller.  So something is screwed up.

If I could hazard to guess, I think the motherboard may be jumbling
something relating to that slot.  If that is the case, you may want to
dig further and see whetehr you want to replace the motherboard.  Also,
it would be nice if you keep us posted regarding your attempt to solve
this problem.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting