[Asterisk-Users] Hopping through iax servers

david kwok dkwok at iware.com.au
Thu Jan 20 19:58:07 MST 2005

I am wondering whether hopping through a number of iax servers would
decrease the call quality.

My iax server connect to PSTN termination provider in Australia. It
works fine if calls are made to local areas. However, if calling
internet state there are constant packet loss. This is also the case
when calling overseas. I presume if calling internet state. The call is
routed through the registration iax server and route to the interstate
iax termination. If I am calling overseas, it may route through local
iax and its international trunk iax and overseas iax since they need it
for record keeping purposes.

David Kwok