[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk from flash with dynamic voicemail enable/disable?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Jan 20 06:13:33 MST 2005

I would like to create a rock solid asterisk server that comes up no
matter what.

Ofcourse I can consider hardware raid1 but.... for the cost of a hardware
raid controller I can also buy a 2GB compact flash card that doesn't
produce any heat or noise and is friendly to the electricity bill and
our environment :)

2GB is more than sufficient for a linux distro and an * installation but
512 Mb may not be enough for voicemail for 40 users. For this reason I am
considering to use a small (notebook) harddrive but this will create
another point of failure. (Alternatively I can consider an NFS share)

Is there any way to make asterisk automatically disable all voicemail but
continue running if there is any problem with the voicemail partition,
disk or NFS share?

Thanks for any hints / tips etc.