[Asterisk-Users] Problems transferring calls - HELP!

Mike Sander mike at corporatebankinginternational.com
Wed Jan 19 15:12:33 MST 2005

Hi.

I have the following weird phenomenon on a standard * @ home installation.

I use X-PRO on 2 or 3 computers.

Blind Transfers:
With incoming calls: I click transfer then dial extension the click transfer
again.
Result: Hangs up on incoming caller.

With outgoing calls: I click transfer then dial extension the click transfer
again.
Result: Transfer is ok, dialed extension connects to outgoing call.

Assisted Transfers:
Place incoming caller on hold.
Get new line and dial extension.
Chat with extension then click transfer and the line number of incoming
caller.
Result: Incoming caller can hear new extension ok, but new extension can
only hear music.

OR
Place incoming caller on hold.
Get new line and dial extension.
Chat with extension then place him on hold too.
Return to incoming caller, click transfer and the line number of dialed
extension.
Result: Incoming caller can hear music only, but new extension can incoming
caller.

This is very perplexing. It is like the XPro is interacting with * in a way
that it is transferring the "MOH" channel, not the person. And the order is
weird. Transferring 1 to 2 gives reverse result to transferring 2 to 1.

When I had individual SIP accounts to our VoIP provider's * server, rather
than our own, everything worked fine.

Please help if you can, this is baking my noodle!!!

Mike Sander
Operations Manager

Suite 4 / 38-48 Waterloo St
Surry Hills N.S.W 2010