[Asterisk-Users] Reverse phone lookup interface with asterisk

Joe Presto asterisk at desktopguerrillas.com
Tue Jan 18 19:53:35 MST 2005

> I'm working on screen pop functionality for XRMS, an open source CRM/SFA
> package. I would be very interested to see your jabber implementation.

Screen pop is probably a strong term for what I'm doing - just sending a
message through Jabber.  I like that it queues when I'm offline. Not much to
it, I echoed some info to "sendxmpp"
(http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/sendxmpp/) which gets it to a Jabber
server.

Sorry - www.serviceobjects.com

> >My question is twofold:
> >Has anyone written an interface to this by any chance?
> >Or even better -
> >Has anyone written an interface to Google's search, which appears to have
> >free reverse # lookup?
> >

> Are refering to a Google API implementation or just opening the google
> search page?
> If you just want a search page, use
> http://www.google.com/search?q=$phone_number

Either.. I would think the XML interface would be cleaner, but I suppose you
could screen scrape HTML queries.

The API has 1,000 query limit, but I'm only getting a handful of calls a
day, so that's not an issue.