[Asterisk-Users] Reverse phone lookup interface with asterisk

Glenn Powers glenn at net127.com
Tue Jan 18 19:25:38 MST 2005

Joe Presto wrote:

>I've had some success setting up a crude "screen pops" using Jabber, and am
>pretty happy with it. But I'd love to have it pop up with the full name and
>address of the caller.

I'm working on screen pop functionality for XRMS, an open source CRM/SFA
package. I would be very interested to see your jabber implementation.

>The easiest way to do this is using ServiceObjects "GeoPhone" web service -
>although it's expensive for small shops (free trial, but $50+/mo after
>that).  The interface would be pretty simple using Perl and SOAP::Lite, if
>one knew Perl.  Which, after a few hours of tinkering, I can safely say I
>don't.

Where can I find out more about GeoPhone? (Google didn't produce any
obvious results on the name.)

>My question is twofold:
>Has anyone written an interface to this by any chance?
>Or even better -
>Has anyone written an interface to Google's search, which appears to have
>free reverse # lookup?

Are refering to a Google API implementation or just opening the google
search page?
If you just want a search page, use
http://www.google.com/search?q=$phone_number

cheers,