[Asterisk-Users] Reverse phone lookup interface with asterisk

Joe Presto asterisk at desktopguerrillas.com
Tue Jan 18 18:45:36 MST 2005

I've had some success setting up a crude "screen pops" using Jabber, and am
pretty happy with it. But I'd love to have it pop up with the full name and
address of the caller.

The easiest way to do this is using ServiceObjects "GeoPhone" web service -
although it's expensive for small shops (free trial, but $50+/mo after
that).  The interface would be pretty simple using Perl and SOAP::Lite, if
one knew Perl.  Which, after a few hours of tinkering, I can safely say I
don't.

My question is twofold:
Has anyone written an interface to this by any chance?
Or even better -
Has anyone written an interface to Google's search, which appears to have
free reverse # lookup?

Thanks - joe