[Asterisk-Users] How to demo wired phone set on a wireless network

David Norton asterisk at tsol.co.za
Sun Jan 16 00:32:00 MST 2005

There are 2 options available to you.

If you know the brand of wireless access point, you are able to try find a
repeater or bridge for that particular brand. Eg. If they using dlink
equipmenk, the DWL2100 can act as a repeater for it. Quite a few brands of
wireless equipment will only bridge to the same brand.

The second option is to use a "generic" style bridge, ie. One that you are
able to set to act as a "client" on their network. The Senoa client/bridges
are ideal for this and have a good power output too. I believe some linksys
equipment does this too but I have never tried it.

One thing to be careful of, when you are using a bridge, rather than
client/bridge, some equipment maps its own mac address to the IP address you
use, and will not allow you to have more than one real ip on the other end
of the bridge. This caused a few problems for me

Hope this helps.

David Norton