[Asterisk-Users] SCCP questions

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Thu Jan 13 06:18:26 MST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:09:54PM +0200, Kelemen Zoltan arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Hi!
>
> I have two, not too related questions:
> - the probably simpler one: if anyone can help me out using a Cisco
> 7905G with chan_sccp? I did already managed to get it working with a SIP
> image, I'd just like to see it work with this one as well. It's probably
> something I screw up with the configuration, as the phone registers,
> only I don't get any lines with it, although I have it configured it to
> auto-login.
>
> excerpt from my sccp.conf
> -----snip------
>
> [SEP001193C2ABFC]
> device=SEP001193C2ABFC
> type=7905
> autologin= c7905
> callerid="cisco 7905"
>
> [c7905]
> line = 1045
>
> -----snip------
> (I have a default extension set for the entire sccp.conf, so that
> shouldnt(?) be the issue)

That's the contents of a skinny config file, the two have different
formats. Here's what I use for one of my phones:
---snip---
[SEP003080628DD7]
type        = 12
autologin   = phone4
description = Cisco Phone 4

[phone4]
id          = 4005
pin         = 1237
label       = Phone4
description = Phone4
callwaiting = 0
mailbox     = 4005
cid_num     = 4005
cid_name    = Cisco Phone 4
--- endsnip ---
And I call with Dial(SCCP/phone4)
> I have the XMLDefaultConf in place, tftp server running, although that's
> about it. I would appreciate any pointers in this general direction.
> What am I missing? :)
See above, copy the format, just use your own data.

> The second, much more thorny question is: did anyone had any success on
> using a KIRK IP600 with asterisk?
> - The only thing I really found on the net were a couple of emails on
> this list, that didn't get me too far.
> The KIRK IP600 is a DECT (cordless) to IP solution, with support for
> SCCP and H323. The SCCP interface was designed specifically to be
> interoperable with Cisco Call Manager, and it emulates a 7940 for each
> of the phones it has registered.
>
> With chan_skinny I managed to register the phones, they've got tone, but
> they would not ring out.
> With chan_sccp I had no luck at all, I'm getting the following messages
> on the CLI:
> ==  >> Got message AlarmMessage
> ==  >> Got message RegisterMessage
> == Sending Packet Type RegisterRejectMessage (37 bytes)
>
> Note: the two modules were NOT tried at once.
>
> So far I didn't have time to check it out with h323, but If anyone had
> it working that way, I'm interested in that one as well.

H323 is probably the one to try, but fix your sccp config like the above
(a compile fix for asterisk CVS has just been committed) and let me know
what you get (in debug mode very verbose). If anyone in Australia has one
or is able to arrange a loan for a few days I'd probably be able to make
them work, but without being able to hack on the code with the device it
makes it quite hard.

I'm just writing some code to see if I can fix the "client sent
IPPortMessage without first registering" that someone got before, if
anyone is able to duplicate that drop me a line and I'll see if my patch
works against it.

Thanks,
Julien Goodwin
chan_sccp developer