[Asterisk-Users] SCCP questions

Kelemen Zoltan keli at carocomp.ro
Thu Jan 13 04:09:54 MST 2005

Hi!

I have two, not too related questions:
- the probably simpler one: if anyone can help me out using a Cisco
7905G with chan_sccp? I did already managed to get it working with a SIP
image, I'd just like to see it work with this one as well. It's probably
something I screw up with the configuration, as the phone registers,
only I don't get any lines with it, although I have it configured it to
auto-login.

excerpt from my sccp.conf
-----snip------

[SEP001193C2ABFC]
device=SEP001193C2ABFC
type=7905
autologin= c7905
callerid="cisco 7905"

[c7905]
line = 1045

-----snip------
(I have a default extension set for the entire sccp.conf, so that
shouldnt(?) be the issue)

I have the XMLDefaultConf in place, tftp server running, although that's
about it. I would appreciate any pointers in this general direction.
What am I missing? :)

The second, much more thorny question is: did anyone had any success on
using a KIRK IP600 with asterisk?
- The only thing I really found on the net were a couple of emails on
this list, that didn't get me too far.
The KIRK IP600 is a DECT (cordless) to IP solution, with support for
SCCP and H323. The SCCP interface was designed specifically to be
interoperable with Cisco Call Manager, and it emulates a 7940 for each
of the phones it has registered.

With chan_skinny I managed to register the phones, they've got tone, but
they would not ring out.
With chan_sccp I had no luck at all, I'm getting the following messages
on the CLI:
 ==  >> Got message AlarmMessage
 ==  >> Got message RegisterMessage
 == Sending Packet Type RegisterRejectMessage (37 bytes)

Note: the two modules were NOT tried at once.

So far I didn't have time to check it out with h323, but If anyone had
it working that way, I'm interested in that one as well.

sccp.conf
-----snip------
[SEP000770736644]
device=SEP000770736644