[Asterisk-Users] T1 Timing Slips

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Jan 12 10:00:35 MST 2005

On January 12, 2005 11:29 am, Miedema, Bud wrote:
> Does anyone know how to monitor * to see if they are receiving timing slips
> on a span connected to a T100P card?  I am seeing b-channel restarts quite
> often and also getting "No D-channels available" warnings from time to
> time. Yesterday I had all the b-channels crash during a MeetMe Conference.
> Not good!  This PRI is connected to an Avaya Definity PBX that is onsite
> and located in the same room as *.  * is set to clock off the Definity.   I
> am seeing no problems on the PRI from the Definity side.

Are you sure that the definity is set to NOT sync (i.e. be the master)?  Many
PBXes have no support for this since their "default" role is to sync off of
the telco PRI they're connected to.

Now having said that, my Norstar MICS is set ClockMstr and the T100P is
clocking off of it without any issues whatsoever (about 2 months now).  It
might be prudent to try letting the T100P not try to sync to the PBX and see
if that helps.

Also, have you run zttool to see if any clockslips or missed interrupts are
being logged?  Issuing a "make zttool" in the zaptel source directory will
build it, but it requires libnewt, which may be difficult to obtain,
depending on your distro.

-A.