[Asterisk-Users] What is the best and easiest flavor to be usedwith Asterisk.

Andrew McRory amcrory at linuxsys.com
Wed Jan 12 09:26:06 MST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 Craig Guy wrote:

> Is that a CVS-head thing?  I have setup 1.0.3 today running as non-root
> asterisk user on FC2 no problems.

I honestly dont know yet. I had a problem where the system would boot and
run fine for a few hours then the logs would fill up with unable to read
such and such. SIP UDP packets would queue up and never be delivered.
Crazy stuff that should not happen. Details are sketchy but the fix was to
run as root.

Perhaps it is in the packaging of my RPMS? Well, I'm planning to look into
it thoroughly in the next few days. Whatever happened, non-root used to
work here and now it doesn't.

If anyone using my RPMS has any feedback please email me offlist.

--
Andrew McRory - President/CTO
Linux Systems Engineers, Inc. - http://www.linuxsys.com