[Asterisk-Users] What is the best and easiest flavor to be used with Asterisk.

Andrew McRory amcrory at linuxsys.com
Wed Jan 12 09:16:56 MST 2005

> Never ever use Fedora if you want to use it for production. Not Fedora
> Core 1 ever, when the current version is Fedora Core 3. My experience
> with Fedora Core is not good.
>
> Seshu Kanuri

On the contrary, I have over 30 FC1 machines in the field and they are
running just fine. I build a lot of supplemental packages for the
distribution so my installation is not pure Fedora. Since I don't change
core packages I would imagine an out of the box FC1 is just as stable.

I have seen many posts all over that FC1 is unstable. It has worked very
well for us since day one but we use quality hardware in all our servers
so maybe that is what makes the difference?

--
Andrew McRory - President/CTO
Linux Systems Engineers, Inc. - http://www.linuxsys.com