[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Segmentation Fault - layer3.c/mpg123

Jason Goecke jsgoecke at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 01:03:22 MST 2005

Hello,

I recently switched from using mpg123 to using the
built-in format_mp3 for MusicOnHold.  After playing a
song (which I adapted as perscribed to 8Khz/mono mp3
with lame) for about 30 seconds, I get static in the
earpiece and then:

Jan 11 08:59:08 WARNING[11039]: layer3.c:966
III_dequantize_sample: mpg123: Can't rewind stream by
10 bits!
Segmentation fault

I am testing with another mp3 file now, but I would
never expect a 'Segmentation fault'.  Has anyone seen
this?  If not, should I report as a bug and how best
to do this?

Thank you,

Jason