[Asterisk-Users] Multiple gateways for same dial pattern

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Mon Jan 10 19:24:02 MST 2005

> I have a similar problem. I asked the same question in a message to the
> list a few days ago titles "IAX outgoing redundancy". It would seem
> app_dial would need to have some code added to it to have two different
> kind of timeouts, one an answer timeout (which is the current timeout in
> the Dial() command) and the other a "ringing" timeout (which would be a
> timeout to confirm the call has been passed on to the PSTN
> successfully).

I don't know if "ringing" timeout is how I would describe it. More like a
network timeout. I can describe another scenario, based on what I
originally posted:

    exten => _9737XXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@172.17.99.5)
    exten => _9737XXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@172.17.99.6)

If I physically pull the netowrk plug on 172.17.99.5 Asterisk will just
sit there for about a minute before continuing to 172.17.99.6. And the
same scenario holds true for IAX instead of SIP.

Adi